Stand up paddle board private lesson:
Master advanced paddle strokes, learn how to carve up the bay or just feel safe with an instructor by your side while you learn to SUP.
Stand Up Paddle HQ guarantees to have you up and standing by the end of your private lesson.
As with all action sports, it is important that you learn the correct technique from day one and Stand Up Paddle Boarding is no exception.
Our instructors will have you paddling effectively in a short space of time, and ensure you leave us with adequate knowledge to paddle on your own. Our private lessons are conducted in a safe and nurturing environment.
Here is what you can expect from our paddle board private lessons:
- Safety on the water
- Familiarity with SUP equipment
- Safe carrying of your equipment
- Basic paddle strokes and turns
- Correct posture and position whilst paddling
- Safe entry and exit from the water
- Using the paddle for stability
- Advanced strokes for turning and catching waves
- The St Kilda paddling environment
- 90-minute session, including 60 minutes of instruction
- SUP equipment provided: Stand Up Paddle board, leg rope, paddle, wetsuit (if required), lifejacket (if required) and rash vest (optional).
We can organise paddle board private lessons for as early as 8am depending upon existing bookings. It should be noted that morning sessions are always recommended so as to take advantage of the favourable wind conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to book in advance for paddle board private lesson?
No, you do not need to book your paddle board hire in advance. Nevertheless, to avoid the disappointment of finding us closed if the weather is not suitable, we suggest that you contact us via phone to check on the conditions.
Where can I keep my valuables while I am out paddle boarding?
You can securely store your valuables in the van.
What do I need to bring for my paddle board private lesson?
Bring yourself, a towel and your swimmers. In addition, items that we provide free of charge include: wet suits, rash shirts, life jackets, and sunscreen.
Is there any public facilities nearby?
Yes. There are public toilets, outdoor showers, and water fountains within a 5 minute walk from our SUP school location.
Feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0416 184 994 for any questions and enquiries.